installing and uninstalling packages...

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 27 15:42:39 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have two quick questions about managing packages:

1) I'm writing a simple module with which I would like to include a
couple of macros for the MoinMoin wiki system.  The files I want to
install are, say:

MainModule.py
ExtraFunctions.py

MoinMacro1.py
MoinMacro2.py

I'd like to install MainModule and ExtraFunctions as usual in the
local site-packages directory (on my debian system:
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/).  As for the Moin  macros,
I'd like ot check somehow if MoinMoin is installed on the system, and
if it's installed, put the MoinMacro(1|2).py files in the moin macro
directory (again, on my system:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/macro/).  Is there a way to
do this in setup.py?

2)  a more general question:  is there an accepted way to uninstall
packages once they've been installed?  I didn't notice documentation
on this feature in the manual.

thanks much!

Matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

please don't use the following addresses:  zeus at derailleur.org
aardvark at derailleur.org