[warning: 99% OT] does anything like this exist ?...

Fred Pacquier xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net
Wed Oct 27 04:41:22 EDT 2004

Andrew MacIntyre <andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au> said :

> I've been using Charles Cazabon's getmail (pure Python) for quite some
> time in place of fetchmail.

Yes, I found that hidden gem too after searching high and low for a less
daunting alternative to fetchmail. I use it during the holidays to prevent
my mailboxes from overflowing - easy to set up, works like a charm, and
uses the plain old mbox format so it integrates well with
Mozilla/Thunderbird.

During that time however there is no mail left on the server, and when I
come back there are those huge files to mount and despam in TB, so I'm
looking for something more permanent.

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/