Simplified Hardware Accelerated 2D Graphics

Fri Oct 22 02:50:24 EDT 2004

"Simon Wittber" <simonwittber at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4e4a11f8.0410211954.2e24db90 at posting.google.com...
> LGT is a lightweight wrapper over pygame and PyOpenGL which simplifies
> 2D sprite creation, translation, scaling, rotation and animation for
> those of us who want a higher level abstraction of OpenGL and the
> graphics hardware.
>
> Features include:
>
>     * Any dimension texture loading
>     * Sprite strip based animated sprites
>     * Constant co-ordinate system across resolutions
>     * Lightweight MVC layer for input and screen events
>     * Sprite groups
>     * Simulated concurrent processing
>     * Fast alpha blending
>
> Check it out from http://metaplay.com.au/svn/LGT or download the
> tarball from http://metaplay.com.au/tarballs/LGT.tar.bz2
>
> Simon Wittber.

Very cool looking, but only one of your tutorial examples (tutorial.py) runs
successfully.  The others (plat.py, adv_tutorial.py, and animatedSprite.py)
all appear to use an old API.

Your NanoThreads threadpool (simulating threads with generators) works very
well, without the overhead of actual threads.

At some point, I may reimplement some of my sprite-centric Java applets to
try this out.

-- Paul