telnetlib close not closing sockets

Mike Monaghan junkmail at chipworks.net
Wed Oct 6 21:01:22 EDT 2004

Yannick,

Fortunately I'm not using the Microsoft Telnet server.  I'm using an
application server called mvBase.  I've had to filter some control
codes since mv loves to insert them.  It especially loves NUL and STX
but fortunately it was easily filtered on the server side.  My
application is working great now, but there's still one strange issue.
 If I run it from Windows scheduler it doesn't always complete.  It
picks a very random place to hang.  If I start it in a command prompt
it runs flawlessly.  I'm running the scheduler as an admin and my test
account is also an admin.  This is required since I'm restarting
services.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike