Newbie trying to install pygsear

Glen stygian at tesco.net
Thu Oct 28 14:36:12 EDT 2004

I'm quite new to both Python and Linux (Mandrake 10.0)
Python and pygame are both installed (examples run fine), but I get the
following error when trying to install pygsear

[root at localhost pygsear-0.53]# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

There is no config folder and I can't locate Makefile in the python2.3
folder.
Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for where
I should be looking, or should I download and install the newest version
of python as this is 2.3.3 installed from the Mandrake installation
disks.
Glen