Emacs is going to die! =( [was Re: Emacs + python (Was Re: python is going to die! =()

David Rush kumoyuki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 10:15:40 EDT 2004

Ville Vainio <ville at spammers.com> wrote:
>     David> How? I'm feeling awfully let down that the appearance of
>     David> the Eclipse community does not seem to match the reality.
>
> That happened to me too. My hope was rekindled when I tried the recent
> PyDev and saw that CDT got code compention working in C++. And some
> other things. Eclipse needs to do a lot of growing up, but at least it
> seems to *want* to grow up - unlike the grumpy old grandad that emacs
> has become.

Well, you ought to listen to yer ould grandpa, yeh might learn summat.
Emacs/XEmacs is in *really* good shape for a program of its age. We'll
just have to see how Eclipse weathers the years.

And my apologies for cluttering up the Python world with my Emacs rant.
Blame groups.google; I actually didn't notice that I was in a ... ahem
... less than apropriate ng. ANybody know where I can have a good flaming
Emacs vs Eclipse row that the Eclipse people might win? I'd like someone to
convince/educate me back into using it, cause right now Eclpise is just a
time-waster for me.

david rush