Can Python run on the Internet

Maciej Dziardziel fiedzia at fiedzia.prv.pl
Wed Oct 20 08:50:28 EDT 2004

John Mowbray wrote:

> I'd like to use Python in my classes, but some students do not have a
> pc.

Python can run on any many operating systems.

> They do have access to Internet-connected systems, though.

So they can run python there.

> Is
> there a site someplace on the Internet (preferably a web server) where
> someone can submit a Python program to be run?

You will need unix shell to do that - hard thing to find such for free,
 but you can try at metawire.org.

> Telnet may be possible
> to use,

Forget telnet, use ssh. Noone allows telnet connections today.

> but a browser would be ideal.

You would have to write web application that passes code from webpage to
python.

--
Maciej "Fiedzia" Dziardziel (fiedzia (at) fiedzia (dot) prv (dot) pl)
www.fiedzia.prv.pl

In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?