Include pysqlite2 into Python 2.5?

Wilk wilkSPAM at OUTflibuste.net
Fri Oct 22 05:58:04 EDT 2004

Gerhard Haering <gh at ghaering.de> writes:

> So, what would you like to see? "import sqlite", "import embsql", or
> "pypi.install('pysqlite')" ?

apt-get install python-sqlite ;-)

I would like to see sqlite in python, the inclusion of sqlite in php was
greatly apreciated. I often use it for prototyping.

But for new users who will learn with sqlite, they will be disapointed
when they will want to use an other database, because of different
paramstyle, different datetime object... So i think before it could be
better to improve dbapi for user application side, and make pysqlite a
reference of implementation to follow (one paramstyle, return python
datetime, fetchdict...). If not it shall not be include imho.

We have the same problem with the web frameworks and server. I would
like to see a wsgi equivalent for database. To can plug any framework on
any database.

But when we look at the db-sig ml, it seems that there is a lot of work
to achieve this... btw guido was pushing to return python datetime.

--
Wilk - http://flibuste.net