Need help getting started with Twisted Matrix.

Y2KYZFR1 jarrodhroberson at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 16:30:28 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<puqdnfvc_Om74OTcRVn-iA at powergate.ca>...
> Y2KYZFR1 wrote:
> > need some help getting started, it is just a "little" confusing on
> > where to actually start. I want to write a turn based board game using
> > Twisted as the networking layer.
> >
> > I just need a kind of "kick start" to how I need to handle
> > authentication, joining rooms, ect.
> >
> > Any help, even a pointer to a better place like another newsgroup, or
> > a mailing list or forum that would be helpful, I have not had alot of
> > luck finding any place that is very responsive.
>
> Have you walked yourself through any of the "How Tos", pasting
> the code into your editor (or perhaps even better, retyping it!)
> and running the results, then playing with things?
>
> I found that a very effective way to get a feel for the differences
> between Twisted and other approaches.
>
> -Peter

yeah I have done all that, and more, the problem is there are no
non-trival examples that give much direction on what components to use
when . . .

the finger server example is overly contrived, and other source I have
found is overly complex . . .

I am porting a game server written in Java to Twisted, problem is
where to put the objects in the layers, what to use when is just very
un-clear from the example code and tutorials I have found.