What is Python's answer to Perl 6?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sun Oct 31 09:47:54 EST 2004

Alex Martelli wrote:

> There are, of course, several reasons for the Parrot people to do their
> own VM rather than accept Microsoft's design (or Sun's, for that
> matter).  I don't understand your "why" question...!

"Why" as in "what is the difference, and the advantage of parrot", not
as in "Why do they want to do something as stupid"

All the virtual machines seems to boost the same advantages for all the
languages.

So I just wondered if anybody had a few practical examples of the
difference, and why I should get excited over Parrot.

So far, it seems like a better idea to get Python running on .net/mono,
as I cannot seem to get around the Windows platform in my professional
work.

However, I can easily get around Perl, so if Python on Parrot dosn't
have a big advantage it is hard to get excited about.

Making Python run faster is not that big a deal to me.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science