ConfigParser shootout, preliminary entry

Dan Gass dan.gass at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:31:13 EDT 2004

Mike,

Ditto on "I got one too".  I wrote a configuration module that is more
powerful than any I've seen to date, yet it has a simple interface and
simple configuration file syntax.  In particular it handles arbitrary
levels of hierarchical organizations of settings quite nicely.  Its
drawback (and the reason it would probably never make it into the
standard python distribution) is that it has a security hole.  The
configuration file format is Python (the configuration module just
executes it rather than parses it).

That said, you may want to look at it for ideas.  I'd be happy to
participate in discussions.

Good Luck,
Dan Gass