python-dev Summary suggestion

Adam adam at 757.org
Mon Oct 18 22:57:37 EDT 2004

Brett C. wrote:
> Adam wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to provide some kind of either syndication (RSS?)
>> or (dedicated) email list for the Summary?  I don't have time to read
>> / keep track of python-dev, so I really appreciate all the work you
>> put into the summary - I'm just wondering if there might be a better
>> way to 'get it out', rather than just a static web page on python.org.
>>

> RSS would be possible, but the last time I suggest the idea to the web
> team they didn't think it was worth it.  The thought was that since it
> is on python-announce you can subscribe to that to get the Summary when
> it comes out.

I noticed after I had sent the first email that it came out on regularly
on python-announce, and picking it up there may be the simpler solution
in the end - beats trying to remember to hit the website every two weeks!

>> Has this been discussed before?  I googled around and didn't see
>> anything mentioning this.  I see the cross post between python-dev and
>> c.l.p.announce, but no mention of anything else (it may have been lost
>> in the tons of hits :).
>>

> Tell you what, can you reply to the c.l.py and ask for people to comment
> on the idea?  If enough people like the idea I will add the feed.
 >
 > -Brett

Anybody have any comments on this?  Good idea, horrid idea?  Now that I
know it comes out on CLPA regularly, I'm not tied to the idea, though
the notion of RSS is still attractive, given my personal browsing habits.

--
Adam