Python vs PHP

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Oct 22 12:17:00 EDT 2004

Cliff Wells wrote:
>>Have you tried PageTemplates from Zope?
>>
>>They are very clever, and the macros makes it much better at reusing
>>code than anything I have seen elsewhere.
>

> Can they be used outside of Zope?  One of my criteria was usability
> <wink>

Yep, I use them regularly.  zpt.sf.net has a somewhat out of date
distribution (it still works fine though), and simpletal is another
implementation.  There's even a Perl implementation (PETAL).  At some
point the Zope people are going to make a fully up-to-date release of
that package (without the rest of Zope), but they are mostly stuck on
the packaging issues (the dependencies have already been worked out; it
doesn't depend on the rest of Zope).