python vs c#

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft anna at aleax.it
Fri Oct 1 11:46:36 EDT 2004

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:11:31 GMT, rumours say that Anna Martelli
> Ravenscroft <anna at aleax.it> might have written:
>

>>>Alex, you are 99% correct.  Leave a 1% chance that Max referred to
>>>"julio" as "it"... :)  Trolls are genderless!
>>

>>Sorry, Christos. Alex was correct: "its" is the appropriate usage here.
>>"it's" is a contraction of "it is", and NOT the possessive form of it.
>>Furthermore, Alex was quite kind in *not* correcting the mismatch
>>between the singular form of the verb "is" and the plural noun "points".
>> I, otoh, am not so generous.
>>
>>The sentence *should* have read:
>>"Well, not to feed the troll, but there are a few relevant points in its
>>posting."
>

> I see marriage has *its* advantages...  :)

LOL

Actually, Alex and I first met over my correcting a subtle error in a
posting he had made (playing the "more pedantic than thou" game). ;-)

> Actually, my post was a rather silly pun (think "It" by Stephen King),

Ah. Didn't catch the reference. One of (the few) Stephen King books I
haven't read.

> and that is the reason I inserted a smiley.  I know that Alex was
> correct.  It's my fault that I didn't make myself absolutely clear I was
> joking

Actually, that you were being jocular was pretty clear...

(I firmly believe that the speaker/writer has the responsibility
> to make themselves understood assuming good intentions from the side of
> the audience --and good intentions are the norm here on clpy :).

Yep. Agreed - it's a great community.

Anna