File Polling (Rereading)

Daniel Mueller da_mueller at gmx.net
Thu Oct 21 09:59:19 EDT 2004

Oliver Fromme wrote:

> The portable way is to stat the file (see os.stat) every
> 10 seconds, look at the mtime (modification time), and
> if it did change, then open/read/close.

hmm i'll have to rephrase my question... i KNOW that the file changes
every 10 seconds... easiest would be i just give you the source code ;)
the program is a nice little windows which displays ACPI information
about battery status and stuff like that. the program is working just
fine. but i want the performance tweak it...

here is the link to the source code:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=108369&package_id=117073

help would be greatly appreciated!

> If you're lucky enough to work on a FreeBSD UNIX system
> (and don't need a portable solution)

Linux Platform... and no i dont need a portable solution

--
Please use my GnuPG (PGP) Public-Key for secure message exchange.
(http://157.161.155.222/damueller-pubkey.txt)