Creating a window from PyHandle? Possible?

Fadly Tabrani no at spam.net
Sun Oct 10 04:27:32 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

This is the first time I'm posting to the newsgroup, hope you can help out.

I'm writing a module to interface with the task scheduler in windows
using PyWin32. Everything has been great so far but I'm stuck on
displaying the propertys page of a task. Here's the code:

import pythoncom
import win32api
from win32com.taskscheduler import taskscheduler
import win32ui

task_scheduler = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance\
                           (taskscheduler.CLSID_CTaskScheduler,
                            None, pythoncom.CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
                            taskscheduler.IID_ITaskScheduler)

def show_schedule_page(task_name):

         TASKPAGE_TASK = 0,
         TASKPAGE_SCHEDULE = 1,
         TASKPAGE_SETTINGS = 2

         try:
             task = task_scheduler.Activate(task_name)
         except pythoncom.com_error, e:
             print 'Task name not found...'
             return

         # ** This returns a PyHandle
         handle = task.QueryInterface(taskscheduler.IID_IProvideTaskPage).\
                  GetPage(1, True)

         # ** Can't create a window with it using win32ui, returns error
         try:
             win32ui.CreateWindowFromHandle(handle)
         except win32ui.error, e:
             print e

         # ** Can't add it to a property sheet, return an error
         property_sheet = win32ui.CreatePropertySheet('Task Schedule')
         try:
             property_sheet.AddPage(handle)
         except (win32ui.error, TypeError), e:
             print e

show_schedule_page('task1')

Any ideas on how to do it? The task schduler api reference is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/taskschd/taskschd/task_scheduler_start_page.asp

I'm pretty new at this, is there anything that I've missed out?

Cheers,
Fadly Tabrani
python loves me loves python