Encouraging Python adoption in your organization

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 4 14:42:44 EDT 2004

Alia Khouri wrote:
> Recently, I've been fortunately placed in a position to possibly
> mandate the use of python for certain tasks in my new organization.
[...]
> Given this context, I'm mulling over strategies to encourage the
> productivity-enhancing benefits and 'joy' of python scripting to my
> developers. Of course, I'd rather be persuasive than coercive.
>
> Any ideas?

My Python-compared-to-Java pages may be of some interest:
http://www.razorvine.net/python/PythonForJavaProgrammers

They don't really talk about Python's strong points or why
you "should dump Java and go with Python bla bla", but they
do provide a quick means of showing the way Python works
to people already proficient in Java.

--Irmen