Tkinter and utf-8

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 29 03:12:32 EDT 2004

Justin Ezequiel wrote:
> Any tips for a Mandrake newbie for getting a few more characters displayed
> WYSIWYG?

What characters specifically are you missing? In general, the answer is
"install more fonts". Tk is pretty smart in finding the right font,
provided an appropriate font is available. Do xlsfonts(1) to see whether
you have a good number of fonts installed. On my system, I get

martin at mira:~/work/py2.4/Lib$ xlsfonts|wc
    8317   10959  495020

and I'm confident that Tk would display any character I could ever
encounter.

Regards,
Martin