wxPython - problem dynamically adding widgets?

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Mon Oct 4 17:40:59 EDT 2004

Fazan writes:

> The sizer approach seems pretty straightforward but I can't
> figure out why the app always locks up.  Anyone have ideas
> about how to solve this?  TIA

You should really post your question on the wxPython-users list,
which is at:

http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

And in order to solve your problem, you're really going to need
to show us some code: what have you tried?

As a hunch, I'm guessing that you are adding your windows to the
sizer but not to a real parent window. A sizer isn't a window,
it is just an object. A window, such as a grid or a textctrl or
a static bitmap, needs a parent, such as your top-level frame.
You need to add your window to the parent (frame), and then
separately add your window to the sizer.

--
Paul McNett
Independent Software Consultant