module to ping a remote computer

Radovan Garabik garabik at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Wed Oct 20 03:09:19 EDT 2004

anonymous <somewhere at on_earth.in_space> wrote:
> Has anyone here created a module for pinging a remote computer via the ping
> command and displaying a green/red led light button on the local computer
> depending upon the response back?  This would be a very simple automatic
> monitor.

Jeremy Hylton, jeremy @ cnri.reston.va.us did develop a ping class.
I have a copy of it because I wanted to use it in some other project,
but never got enough time to finish it. I can send you a copy if you
want.

| Radovan Garabík http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__    garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk     |