New to Python: Features

Richard Blackwood richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com
Tue Oct 5 17:54:56 EDT 2004

<SNIP>

>Ahh, but here's the rub; I posted responses to your questions that were,
>on the most part, helpful.  Had I broken the law in my post (a
>surprisingly easy thing to do in the states), knowing that I was who I
>claimed to be would be particularly useful.

How might you break the law and how might I be interested in such
law-breaking?

>In this case, you are making the claim to not use this information as
>part of a homework assignment, which while not being illegal, is
>generally understood to be amoral, according to academic practices in
>most parts of the world.

Indeed, I don't remember myself ever cheating (in the suggested manner
or otherwise) , though I did write people's philosophy papers for them
(for money).

>You have managed to be quite reasonable and calm through the entire
>thread, but you seemed to have missed much of the sarcasm in "Mark
>English's" post.

Mark English was helpful as well.  I enjoyed his sarcasm but chose to
discard (or otherwise ignore) it in my reply.

> <SNIP>
>
>Ahh the devil, if one chooses to believe in them, I am surely not.
>Mailing list Don...not even close.  I'm just a guy who can prove who he
>is.  And at least for some places on the internet, that can matter.

I merely meant that you appeared to be playing one, not that I (or you)
believe they exist.  But in order for us to talk of them (and their
existence/non-existence) we must have a pre-existing notion(s) of what
one is.  Indeed, this is what I referring to, the *notion* of a devil.

I found great humor in your reply.  Indeed, your replies were helpful.
What might you do illegal of which I might want to discover your true
identity?  If you begin cursing and saying fouls things, I would merely
leave the mailing-list/newsgroup or hope that the admin would kill-file
you.  No need for legal action.

As I haven't concocted anymore lists of questions, people can redirect
their attention elsewhere.  That is unless people enjoy this discourse.