New to Python: Features

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Oct 5 15:17:52 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-05, Richard Blackwood <richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com> wrote:

>>Take for example if I were to claim that I were a graduate student in
>>computer science theory at the University of California, Irvine.  A
>>little bit of investigation would lead you to discover that I am
>>likely the person I claim to be (header examination, university search,
>>etc.).
>>
> I could care less honestly.

I've always been curious about that phrase.  It seems to imply
that you _do_ care, since it would be possible for you to care
less than you do.  Shouldn't the expression be "I couldn't care
less"?

> I'll come back to usenet when I have more explicit and
> specific questions relating to Python.

You can ask general and broad-reaching questions if you want
to, but you're expected to do a modicum of research on your own
to try to find the answers.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  LOOK!!! I'm WALKING
                                  at               in my SLEEP again!!