Question mark in variable and function names

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Wed Oct 6 13:21:28 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 07:11:02PM +0200, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Ruby has this convention and it seems to work wonderfully well for them.
> I wish Python could grow it, too, but I don't think I stand any chance
> of convincing Guido -- perhaps somebody else can.

For my money this is *the* biggest syntactic wart in Python. I think ?
and ! at the ends of function/method names is an insanely good idea
that Python should steal. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be
really great to at least have a community conversation about this.

Best,
Kendall Clark
Managing Editor, XML.com