SWIG

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Nov 23 02:40:43 EST 2004

"Philip Smith" <as006d4848 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:5gtod.21561$08.16414 at fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Does anyone use SWIG?????

Yes, thousands.

> I'm having trouble patching it to allow me to compile wrappers in Borland C++ Builder because Borland will insist on adding
> underscores to symbols.

You need to ensure that the calling convention in the headers seen by
the compiler are consistent.  (It is unclear from your description where
the mismatch is happening - in the wrapper functions generated by Swig
or the calls to your existing code that is being wrapped)

Swig does handle Borland C for marking the wrapping functions for dll export.

I actually use MinGW and everything works perfectly for C and C++ code,
even for C code where the dll was compiled with MSVC and I don't have
the source.

(I also use Swig on Linux and Mac but that is incidental).

Roger