Accessing an instance via its memory address (instance at ...)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 12 14:55:00 EST 2004

<simon.alexandre at cetic.be> wrote in message
news:cn2fkq$k6u$2 at ikaria.belnet.be...
> I have a list containing several instance address, for example:

I doubt that.

> [<JavaClass instance at 00BAC290>, <JavaClass instance at 00BB0D10>,
> <JavaClass instance at 00BA5230>]

This is how Python prints a list of instance objects.  If the list
contained the integer ids, which would only happen if you explicitly
created a list of ids (pretty useless, usually), it would print them as
integers.  Kent's solution to your questions assumes that you indeed have
objects and not addresses.

Terry J. Reedy