Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Nov 15 01:56:07 EST 2004

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> And instead of working on the engine they should have put more work
> into examples.  Simple tutorials.  Downloadable executables for
> Windows that you can click and install.

The gripe about Zope has allways been that it was too difficult for
developers.

The Zope developers had a pretty good idea as to why. So they developed
a new version of Zope that changed that. They have done a pretty fin job
too.

> But most of all simple and
> good examples: webapplications like
> - a wiki in zope
> - a forum in zope, with agenda and calendar
> - a game like http://216.199.69.100/war/ in zope

You mean completely unlike:
http://svn.zope.org/book/trunk/messageboard/

> They have a nice free webhosting thing for zope, but to expect new
> users to do everything from scratch...
> The "examples" I found were very disappointing.

Have you looked at Plone at all?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/