Pictograms and Python

Caleb Hattingh caleb1 at telkomsa.net
Tue Nov 16 23:08:00 EST 2004

Actually there at at least two valid uses for this kind of thing:
1. Digitising hard-copy legacy documents (digitise as in text-editable,
not straight scans)
2. Extract data from graphs in scientific publications for the purposes of
numerical comparison with your own work (one does this anyway, but
normally by hand), and you normally want the axis labels (text) as well
for preserving information about units of measure.

Of course, these only matter if the number of documents is large.  I don't
know what is the likelihood that the OP wanted the help for nefarious
purposes, but I found it presumptuous of you to assume so just off-the-bat
as you did.  I would feel rather insulted had I been the OP. I'm sure you
can understand.

Keep well
Caleb