returning unordered keyword arguments from a function (WAS: Are multiple return values really harmful?)

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Nov 19 14:49:49 EST 2004

Steven Bethard wrote:

> [snip a bunch of good arguments for including generic objects]
>
> It does sound like there's some support for putting something like
> this into the language.  My feeling is that the right place to start
> would be to put such an object into the collections module.  (If
> necessary, it could get moved to builtins later.)
>
> Is this something a PEP should be written for?

It would need a PEP before it could have a chance of being included in
the standard lib.  And if it gets rejected, at least you'd then have a
record of some rationale for *not* having a standard Generic/Bunch class.

So, yeah, if you want this to be anything other than an ephemeral Usenet
conversation, a PEP would be the next step, I think.  :)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International