problem with glutKeyboardUpFunc and glutFullScreen in pyOpenGL

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun Nov 7 18:29:05 EST 2004

This is caused by the use of FreeGLUT in Fedora Core 2.  FreeGLUT does
not define the GLUT_XLIB_IMPLEMENTATION constant that PyOpenGL's GLUT
wrapper uses to determine GLUT version.  As a result PyOpenGL builds for
a version of GLUT that roughly corresponds to the very first GLUT
version ever written.

I've checked in changes that work around this in the CVS repository, as
well as providing wrappers for the FreeGLUT extensions to the GLUT API.
Should appear in the next PyOpenGL release.

HTH,
Mike

soul wrote:

>I have a problem in pyOpenGL.I'm programing in Linux Fedora Core 2 and I

>If I use the functions  glutKeyboardUpFunc , I retrieve this error:

>>NameError: global name 'glutKeyboardUpFunc' is not definedç

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://www.vrplumber.com
  http://blog.vrplumber.com