checking a thread has started

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Sat Nov 6 13:36:25 EST 2004

Deepak Sarda wrote:
> I believe this bottleneck is due to Apache server - it just can't
> spawn so many threads so quickly. It just spawns seven threads and
> that's it.

Something else to watch out for which bites occassionally is that
there is an import lock, and only one thread at a time can hold it.
If a thread in Apache is importing your code, then any of your threads
that try to do an import will just block.  Your main thread will never
finish and the Apache framework will never finish importing you,
so the lock is never released.

Roger