win 2003 server

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 4 21:52:01 EST 2004

Brad Tilley wrote:

> Tim Peters wrote:
>
>> Windows XP Home Edition
>> Windows XP Professional
>> Windows XP Media Center Edition
>> Windows XP SP2 (several flavors)
>> Windows Small Business Server 2003
>> Windows Server 2003 Web Edition
>> Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
>> Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
>> Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition
>> Windows Storage Server 2003

<troll>

> Why not put that list on the Python Windows Web site so the suits in
> IT management (who have the final say on things) will be more likely
> to OK Python as a scripting environment on Windows? IMO, it's silly to
> list Windows 95 and not list Windows 2003 server. Why not just shoot
> yourself in the foot?

</troll>

<counter_troll>
    <flamebait>IT managers who have made the decision to use MS Windows
(especially the server lines) deserve the productivity of their people
using only VBScript as a scripting language and are unworthy of
receiving the benefits of Python.  IT managers who do not know the
difference among the different Windows lines deserve the productivity of
their people using only batch scripts and are doubly unworthy of
receiving the benefits of Python.  References to Windows versions of
Python should be removed from the Python site altogether.
    </flamebait>
</counter_troll>

Seriously, it could just be that the page just hasn't been updated
lately.  Windows 95 _did_ come before 2003 server.

yes-I-was-totally-and-sarcastically-kidding-ly y'rs,

Jeremy Jones