A way to wait Python event

Marcello Pietrobon teiffel at attglobal.net
Tue Nov 30 18:55:20 EST 2004

Chang LI wrote:

>I tried to launch "python.exe test.py" in another program. After the
>launch the console was showed and exited on Windows. I want the
>console stay there. Is there a Python statement to wait an event loop
>like Tcl's "after forever"?

If you need to keep a cmd window open maybe you can try this.
Unfortunately I don't have time  to screen which lines are exactly the
ones you need.

I don't remember why it is like that.
For example I guess you can remove it the line realated to notepad

You'll figure out the best way to use it. But I suggest you to first
look at the preexisting values of those keys.
So you can come back to the preexisting situation if you don't like it (
you'll see

Take the following lines and put them in .reg file. Then run it.
After that when you right click on a file you'll have the option to open
it with Notepad or with a Command prompt that stays open.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Marcello

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\dos_box]
@="DOS Box"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\dos_box\command]
@="cmd"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open]
@="Notepad"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command]
@="Notepad.exe %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\dos_box]
@="DOS Box"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\dos_box\command]
@="cmd /k cd %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runstayopen]
@="R&un - Stay open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runstayopen\command]
@="cmd /k %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\runstayopen]
@="R&un - Stay open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\runstayopen\command]
@="cmd /k %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runstayopen]
@="R&un - Stay open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runstayopen\command]
@="cmd /k %1"