Trouble with psyco

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Nov 22 09:32:34 EST 2004

Dick Moores wrote:

> psyco is acting a bit psycho for me.
>
> Please see my spinForWeb.py at <http://www.rcblue.com/Python/spinForWeb.py>
>
> When psyco is in use, entering an integer somewhere between 2000 and
> 2500 causes my computer to freeze. Not really freeze but the program
> doesn't finish, and I have to quit with a ^Q.
>
> psyco is really impressive, but I'm disappointed that I can't
> demonstrate (to friends) counting with it to numbers above 2 billion.

"My car is really great when I use ethanol as the fuel, but I'm
disappoointed it won't go at 1,000 miles an hour".

> If I remark out the "psyco.bind(spin)" line, there's no problem no
> matter what integer I enter. Can someone explain what the problem with
> psyco is?

[...]
One other comment - I'll bet the only reason you don't notice the same
problem without psyco is that you never took the time to try to count
large ranges! I can guarantee you'll see the same performance break.

regards
  Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com