Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Nov 15 10:35:19 EST 2004

Steve Holden wrote:
> Max M wrote:
>
>> Steve Holden wrote:
>>
>>> You managed to get it to run? I found the whole load opaque beyond
>>> belief, and removed it after an hour's examination.
>>

>> Where you on Windows or Linux?
>>
> Windows.

I thought so :-)

I'm on Windows too, and Z3 the installer seems to be in a pretty sorrow
state there.

I think it is pretty simple to get it running. But stuff like scripts
being called "mkzopeinstane" instead of "mkzopeinstane.py" and there
being references to folders that don't exists in the Windows install, so
you need to guess which ones to use instead.

Minor things like that. But if you have no idea as to how the things
should be connected they get pretty major.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science