PIL for Python 2.4?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu Nov 18 10:23:24 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:03:46 +0000, rumours say that Robin Becker
<robin at reportlab.com> might have written:

>well I have old MS VC++ 6 and building with setup.py Python 2.4b2 gives an error
>related to the compiler; :( I guess I need MSVC++ 7.

I didn't even *try* to build it on an installation of MS VS 6 we have in
the office because I remember the long discussion about the transition
to VS 7, and the need for the building of other libriaries with VS 7
too...  Of course, I could completely build Python 2.4 with VS 6 and
then build PIL, which is what I'll do next.  I just wanted to avoid
troubles with VS 6 project files being out of sync, so I asked if anyone
did the build.

Thanks for trying though.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek