Is there a consensus on how to check a polymorphic instance?

Mike Meng meng.yan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 01:40:10 EST 2004

hi Steve,
Your example is helpful. Thank you.

Here is my problem. My project needs to parse some user input
string according to  specific rules. The rules can be defined with a
string, a CSV file, an XML file, and other forms. Followed the standard
OO style,  I designed a dictionary-like base class to abstract those
different sources and provides other parts a uniform interface to query
those rules.  I put some hard code into the base class and expect user
to inherit from it.

    Any good suggestion?

Mike