Newbie: Python & ADFGVX Cipher Cracking?

Byron DesertLinux at netscape.net
Wed Nov 17 09:36:48 EST 2004

Hello,

I am working on building a program that cracks "ADFGVX" ciphers.
However, I have run into a minor problem, which has to do with figuring
out all of the possible character re-arrangement combinations.  For
example, see the example below:

The characters "ABC" can be re-arranged in several different possible ways:

1) ABC
2) BAC
3) BCA
4) ACB
5) CAB
6) CBA

Is there a python function in which I can sent a string of characters to
-- and it will provide me with a list of all possible combinations
available?

example function call:   possCharList = allCombinations("ABC")

Any help SINCERELY appreciated!!

Byron
---