web hosting with Python

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 12 07:02:31 EST 2004

Michael Foord wrote:

> Irmen de Jong <irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:<41934648$0$48933$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>...
>
>>Michael Foord wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.sapphiresoft.co.uk
>>>are very good. (Good python support, python 2.3.4).
>>
>>It doesn't say so on their website, it appears a PHP shop...
>>Or am I looking with my eyes closed?
>>
>>--Irmen
>

> They've installed Python 2.3.4 at my request, PyCrypto, PIL, Psyco and
> a few other modules. I don't think they've got anything advertising it
> on their main page........

They need to fix their site: it looks like crap in Firefox...

Anyway, are you allowed to run one or more long running Python
processes? I.e. say I want a Quixote-based website there, do
they allow you to run Quixote?

--Irmen