CGI email script

Jeffrey Froman jeffrey at fro.man
Sun Nov 21 00:29:24 EST 2004

bojanraic at gmail.com wrote:

> 1. server = smtplib.SMTP('localhost') should return the name of the
> server, right? I don't need to explicitly name it, or do I?

It returns an SMTP object to the machine known by the name "localhost". Most
machines are configured to think of themselves as "localhost".

> 3. What am I doing wrong here? How can I fix the errors and make it
> work?

One way to investigate the error would be to pass the form parameters
directly, rather than through cgi.FieldStorage, running the script from the
command line to see any tracebacks.

  Jeffrey