dynamic or on-the-fly color changing in curses?

Matt Garman fake at not-real.bogus
Tue Nov 2 17:28:14 EST 2004

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:51:21 GMT, exarkun at divmod.com <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
>  On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:43:13 GMT, Matt Garman <fake at not-real.bogus> wrote:
> > So my second thought was to just pre-define every possible
> > combination, but, at least on Linux, I'm limited to 63 unique
> > colors, whereas I can create more than 63 color combinations
> > (foreground, background, and attribute combinations).
>
> There are only 64 combinations (8 of which render the text
> unreadable), so being limited to 63 doesn't seem like that big of
> a drawback to me.

Ehhh, I was under the impression that I needed to use a unique
curses.color_pair for the same color but with different attributes
(e.g. blue on black and bold blue on black require two different
color_pairs).  After a bit more playing, I realized that this is not
the case.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response!

Matt

--