Python GTK import error

Qianqian Fang Qianqian.Fang at Dartmouth.Edu
Tue Nov 30 01:33:55 EST 2004

sorry keep bugging you guys, but this is somehow a wield problem that
I am eager to solve.

I checked the permission and it looks fine to me:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 26 Nov 28 04:06 /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
-> libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.400.13

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 2862900 Oct 15 14:23
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.400.13

I even run with root, the error message "ImportError:
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
atk_object_add_relationship" still comes out.

I always try to avoid installing packages manually, rpm or apt-get is
my preferred way. However, this time, it beats my working principle
because this error message appeared after I upgraded packages using
"synaptic", an apt-get GUI. now, I don't even trust apt-get:(