Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 14 14:09:38 EST 2004

Hello all,

So Zope still lives, yay.  Well, I like that they use Python.

<rant>

What amazed me is they write that they "added types to the variables
and hope that it will be added to the Python project too".  Really.
ROFL.

And instead of working on the engine they should have put more work
into examples.  Simple tutorials.  Downloadable executables for
Windows that you can click and install.  But most of all simple and
good examples: webapplications like
- a wiki in zope
- a forum in zope, with agenda and calendar
- a game like http://216.199.69.100/war/ in zope

They have a nice free webhosting thing for zope, but to expect new
users to do everything from scratch...
The "examples" I found were very disappointing.

</rant>