instances v. threads

Brad Tilley bradtilley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:55:19 EST 2004

I've just started using classes in Python for some projects at work and
have a few questions about them. I understand that once a class is
defined that I can create many instances of it like this:

class xyz:
    def one():
       pass
    def two ():
       pass
    def three():
       pass

a = xyz()
b = xyz()
c = xyz()

a.one()
b.one()
c.one()
c.two()
c.three()

How does asynchronous/threaded programming differ from OO programming
and classes? C is not OO and has no classes, but one can write threaded
programs in C, right? Perhaps I'm totally off on this... can some
explain how these concepts differ? Exactly how is an 'instance'
different from a 'thread'?

Thanks,
Brad