ConfigParser

Ivo Woltring Python at IvoNet.nl
Thu Nov 11 13:23:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:37:50 GMT, Manlio Perillo
<NOmanlio_perilloSPAM at libero.it> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:09:39 +0100, Ivo Woltring <Python at IvoNet.nl>
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:39:27 GMT, Manlio Perillo
>><NOmanlio_perilloSPAM at libero.it> wrote:
>>
>>>Regards.
>>>
>>>Since sections in CongiParser files are delimited by [ and ], why
>>>there is not an escape (and unescape) function for escaping
>>>&, [, and ] characters to &, [ and ] ?
>>>

>>>Thanks   Manlio Perillo
>>
>>another discovery:
>>
>>the get() DOES translate [ etc back to '[' etc, so it seameth
>>to me that the whole question is mute ;-))
>>

>What version are you using?
>In Python 2.3.3 get does not handles [ (or I did not understand
>what you are saying).
>

>Thanks and regards   Manlio Perillo

You are absolutely right. My 'bad'. I made a mistake in my test.
I posted a correction yesterday, but my attachements don't seem to get
thru.

below my current class:

http://ivonet.nl/cgi-bin/py2html.py?FileID=11

Be patient my connection is not all that fast.
cheerz,
Ivo