Video Catalogue

Rodney Dangerfield rahorkuit at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 06:53:40 EST 2004

Greetz!

Recently I started creating a CGI application for my gf that
she would use for indexing and keeping track of her video
collection.

I am relatively new to python so I started with the basics.
I figured out how to extract the form field values in a
script and how to save to a file.

My question is which data type should I use to store the information
about the videos? I was thinking of using a dictionary variable,
I saw something about the pickle module too, could I use it to
save the state of my dictionary to a file and than later read it
and feed values from it to the form fields via CGI?

All help is greatly appreciated.