Tkinter and Graphics

bsmith bsmith at aon.at
Wed Nov 17 16:43:22 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:46:27 -0800, Andrew wrote:

> Hi I was wondering if there is anyway in Tkinter to create GUIs using
> Graphics, like windows media player or other tools like that
>
> basically so the interface wouldn't be your standard interface
>
> any ideas, links to tutorials, or examples
>
> is appreciated
>
> Cheers

Highly recommended: _Python and Tkinter Programming_ by John E. Grayson,
if you can find a copy.  (It's out of stock on Manning's site and they
don't offer it in Electronic form.)

	http://www.manning.com/grayson

Section 8.7 ("Image Maps"), where the author describes building a GUI that
looks like a TI-82, by using an image of same as the basis for the
interface seems like it could be relevant.

Chapter 9 ("Panels and Machines") also seems like it could be of help to
you.  It describes building a GUI modeled on the front panel of an actual
device.  It also contains a nice front-end for a digital multimeter with a
rotating knob for setting the current range.

Perhaps you can find a copy on amazon, ebay or a brick-and-mortar store
with slow turn-over.

// Ben