returning unordered keyword arguments from a function (WAS: Are multiple return values really harmful?)

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:19:58 EST 2004

Steven Bethard wrote:

> My understanding is that this is for efficiency reasons...  I remember
> some older discussions, but they're kinda hard to google since 'object'
> isn't a very good query term...  Personally, I don't really care about
> being able to assign attributes dynamically to an object() instance, but
> I would like to be able to do something like:

> (18, 11, 2004)

Given that the necessary class is literally a 3-liner, I'm not sure a language
extension is truly needed:

In [1]: class bunch:
   ...:     def __init__(self,**kw):
   ...:         self.__dict__.update(kw)
   ...:

In [2]: r=bunch(year=2004,month=11,day=18)

In [3]: r.day,r.month,r.year
Out[3]: (18, 11, 2004)

Cheers,