crash when loading a lib on OS X

Christoph Pingel ch.pingel at web.de
Tue Nov 30 11:12:36 EST 2004

Kevin,

thanks for picking this up. What I did was:

- Start python from the command line
- run "import orange" (orange is in site-packages)

I get a 'bus error' and python crashes.

Orange is a data mining lib for python:
http://www.ailab.si/orange/forum/index.php
I tried it with their lib, I compiled one from source on my machine,
and I tried it with an older one another user sent me. All end up
with this error.

I'm on a tiBook 668 MHz, running OS X 10.3.6

Looking at my logs, I found that other apps (that used to work)
recently also crashed with EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001). Something in my
system seems broken. On a OS X forum somewhere I found someone who
experienced this kind of crashes when trying to run Logic Audio (a
MIDI/Audio software by Apple) and got it running again after
re-installing the system. However, the installer fails ('there was a
problem with the installation process. please retry.') when I try to
re-install 10.3 with the option to keep my settings. So I'm pretty
much - stuck.   :-(

best regards,
Christoph