Beginning with Classes

Stefan Axelsson crap1234 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 04:22:13 EST 2004

Noud Aldenhoven wrote:

> I read the book too, but it doesn't dive too deep into classes.
> But you're right! It's a good book to start.

OK. What specifically do you have a problem with? Object oriented
programming in general or how it's implemented in Python in particular?
If it's the former I'm not sure it's a Python book you're after.

There ought to be plenty available on the web. In it's day I found "
Design Patterns Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides, helpful
when it came to the question of how to actually design something the "OO
way."

But there's probably a ton of stuff out there.

If you're into free books and need a deeper Python treatise there's a
chapter in "Dive into Python", that'll go into a bit more depth than
"Thinking..." but granted there isn't much OO specific in "Dive..."
Stilla good book though.

Stefan,
--
Stefan Axelsson  (email at http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~sax)