Python for Reverse Engineering

James S james-newsgroups at echoblast.com
Wed Nov 10 14:03:03 EST 2004

I got a few questions about the strings, so I figured I would share the
answers.

You wrote the algorithm that generated these strings?

Yes

How are the strings verified and proven to be legitimate?

There is a checksum encoded in the string that provides a basic check.
There is a unquice number encoded in each string that represents each
possible key.

There are 28629150 valid keys in the space of 28629150^5

Does the same algorithm that created them verify them?

The same string is feed back through the algo in reverse. Providing the
origional information that generated it.

James